[TuT][Blender] Baking an simpel AO.

• Hallo, Modding-Welt weil mein deutsch nicht gut ist habe ich diese Tut im Englisch übersetzt

(In this Tut you need to have some basic understanding of modding and fs)

Step 1;
    You need to open your model in Blender

Step 2;
    On the bottom left you need to select Uv/Image editor. (You can size this part to what you like, i made it bigger but that depends on what you like!)

Step 3;
    When the model is selected you need to press "Tabb" on the top lef of your keyboard.

Step 4;
    Afterwards you need to press "U" ----> smart UV project and then Island Margin on 0.03.

Step 5;
    Now you need to tap on the button +NEW and give the ao file the size you want it to be ;).

Step 6;
    Go to top right and hit the World, then choose ambient occulision and scroll down to change the amout of Sampels (I prefer to use 15, but that's just what you're pc can do and what you prefer)

Step 7;
    Go to the Camera on the right top in close range of the World, scrol down and choose "Bake ambient occulision" instead of "bake full render" .

Step 8;
    Let blender bake the Ao py pressing "Bake"

At the end you need to press "F3" And save the Ao, and export the model as .obj

I hope this suits, but i'f you have got any questions feel free to ask them!

Groetjes Inter Fan

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hey thanks Inter Fan,
    a english tutorial for blender is an advantage, because Blender interface is english too. The german version is not as good as the english, i tried some months ago. Even beacause many tutorials for Blender are in english.

Patrick is exactly right there. It is always a great advantage to have tutorials in the same language as the program itself. Even though it might be a bit harder to figure out the translation of various things, it helps a lot to at least know what they will do.

Thank you!

Greetz, David

Vegetarier essen meinem Essen das Essen weg

• Hi Inter Fan!

There is one thing I personally don't like and no one I know seems to know that this 'function' is standart activated in Blender.

See the picture:

This is called 'margin', it gives the textures a little border. But the standart is on 16. So the border from the textures is real big and it looks pretty weird I think. Because the texture pixels don't belong to a surface.
    I personally like my AO's with the Magrin Setting on 2px. So there is a small border of 2 pixels which you don't see that good.

This is just a tip, the tutorial is clear and simple so good job!